Custom Search

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Threnody... BACKLASH!



This genius has been at the centre of a whole clusterfuck of controversy recently. If you are culturally aware of the goings on within electronic music you will probably know why. If you don't know, allow me to lift that rock off your back and explain what's going on. A few days a go certain blogs got their greasy mits on a leaked SebastiAn track which I believe was ripped from the Ed Banger 2010 promo CD (tut tut who did that, you're supposed to be a close friend of the Ed Banger family! You fiend you! Ha ha). The song in question is a 13 minute and 9 second production from the ever surprising, SebastiAn. If you have heard this amazing piece of production, you will know that the first 10- 11 minutes is a slowly building up, distortion, ear killingly epic introduction and the last minute or so is a typical SebastiAn cut and paste production.



The reason why I am posting this is because I am genuinely pissed off. I am pissed off the backlash that SebastiAn and Ed Banger have received for this song. A blog I thought I could trust known as TooManySebastian's (yeah I'm not linking you to that shit!) even got on the bandwagon criticising the intro. OK they are not as harsh as otter blogs and people but I don't know their lack in taste shows sometimes. Ed Banger have even had to reassure *fans* that this production will not feature on SebastiAn's debut LP out later this year (let's hope sooner than later). I personally think this song is one of SebastiAn's best tracks to date. It's almost like a middle finger to the fakes who think they know electronic music but only like the mainstream stuff. I first heard this song back in November when he used it as the first song in his set at the Warehouse Project. It excited me then and when I first heard the actual song I got excited all over again.

I am not going to post the edited version or the shortened version (which is stupidly named the good version) because they are crap in comparison. Maybe I am biased because I like the music of Errorsmith and Venation Snares for their interesting takes on music. Stuff like this SebastiAn track appeal to me more than the emotionless *club banger* that we hear ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

So enjoy this beautiful piece of wizardry!

SebastiAn- Threnody

.acdx

No comments:

Post a Comment